Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What's for dinner?

This week I made Pasta with tuna and peas and slow roasted tomatoes and it was very quick and very nice.



I slow roasted the tomatoes through the afternoon...I used the Roma's, slice them in half, sprinkle with a little raw sugar and freshly ground pepper and salt, then a drizzle of olive oil and roast in a 120 degree C oven for about 2 hours.


Boil the pasta of your choice. Throw some frozen peas into the boiling water about a minute before it's ready, then drain...open a can of tuna, (I used one in oil) throw it in the pot of hot, drained pasta and stir it around.

Bowl it up, place some tomatoes on top, grate or slice some good cheese of your choice over the top, (I used Parmesan) and eat.

The quantities are really up to you...that's what's good about this. You make it to suit yourself.

6 comments:

  1. Yummo! Paul doesn't eat any seafood which is a pain but he's out on Friday night so this will be perfect for my dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A perfect dinner for one Amanda! But if you did make it with Paul in mind, maybe you could just increase the cheese and roasted tomatoes and add some spinach or asparagus, or whatever he really likes. That's the beauty of this one, you just adapt it to please yourself.

      Delete
  2. I notice too that Stacey, over at Stacey Snacks, has done a roasted veggie pasta too...which looks pretty darn good.

    http://www.staceysnacksonline.com/2012/03/roasted-vegetable-pasta-primavera.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's odd... that's pretty much what I cooked for my boys tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious - I am going to try it out! Tonight I made homemade pizzas and ate them on the deck it was so balmy and mild. It felt like Queensland weather!
    Just got back from my Sydney trip so I am following up on the grey paint - I have only ever painted a Portsea beach house in grey that was only externally - I used white on the inside, so I really don't know of any that I can recommend except if I was using a grey I would use Porter's Paints. They are more expensive but their paints have so much more life that it won't look drab or flat. They have 2 or 3 outlets in Melbourne and a website so check it out. I hope that helps
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems about the grey Melissah. I've been searching through the greys at the paint store and may have found a couple that may be OK, I just have to get a sample pot and give it a try
      I agree about Porters too. They have lovely stuff

      Delete